Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Alice In Wonderland First Birthday Party - Part Four

I'm not known for my cooking abilities. To be honest, I really don't have time. So for food my parents picked up fried and baked chicken. That was my attempt to make all the protein lovers happy. My lovely sis-in-law made rice pilaf. Both hot items were placed in two of the prettiest rental chafing dishes I've ever seen.


. The rest was garlic bread, crackers, sandwiches, fruit, lemonade and pastries from the grocery store.  I like to pretend I'm a baker so I made my baby girl a dark chocolate cake (from a box). It's frosted with (homemade)  vanilla butter cream and decorated  with fresh fruit. My simple cake looks so impressive on the fancy cake stand! I'm sure it's really meant for weddings, but I think it looks amazing at this party!


We also rented a popcorn and cotton candy machine. The kids were in heaven with the cotton candy! For most of the littles in our circle this is a total luxury. As soon as they stepped foot into the backyard these munchkins were greeted with fluffy sugar and colorful popcorn.
Needless to say, they had a blast. It was the ultimate party for our little family. I'm sad this is the last baby we have added to our brood, but what a glorious way to celebrate that last first birthday!




Many thanks to Expo Party Rentals and their superb customer service. Sarah went above and beyond in helping us make this a special day for our sweet baby girl. The set up crew was courteous and professional. The rental products were simply gorgeous as well.
Thank you also to the family and friends who pitched in with cleaning, cooking, prepping, decorating, and attending the party.
 We love you all and are so blessed to have you in our lives!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Alicia, awesome blog!!! Can't wait to read more entries😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Tea Cup Rentals, we offer a Glamorous and unique experience – both in a traditional venue or contrasted with a modern environment. Our collection of mis-matched vintage china will guarantee an astonishing décor for your event. With us, you have the choice of renting your desired items with our recommended packages or we can do all the planning and décor for you to give you the peace of mind and time you need to serve and attend your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with the cake as well. I saw a similar cake in a wedding in one of the Los Angeles venues. It was really big and beautiful, just like yours! I am really fond of cakes and they are perfect addition to any happy occasion.

    ReplyDelete